Do not let your income tax deadline sneak up on you. It is always good to keep a check on all the due dates so that you can avoid any late filing penalty charges. For your convenience, we have compiled a list of all important tax due dates and deadlines for 2020.
- January 27: First day to e-file and first IRS acknowledgments of e-filed returns
- February 15: First-day refunds can be issued for taxpayers claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit.
- June 15: Last day to e-file timely extension request for overseas taxpayers
- July 15: Last day to e-file returns and extensions
- October 15:Last day to e-file returns that received a 6-month extension
Estimated Tax Payment Dates:
- January 15: Make last 2019 estimated tax payment
- April 15: First 2020 estimated tax payment due
- June 15: Second 2020 estimated tax payment due
- September 15: Third 2020 estimated tax payment due
(Due to Covid-19, the due date for tax filing that used to be April 15 has now extended by 3 months. The new deadline is July 15)
Tax Document Dates:
- January 31, 2020: Deadline for employers to file Form W-2s with the Social Security Administration.
- January 31, 2020: Deadline for reporting payments to contract workers on Form 1099-MISC.
You should also know all the federal legal holidays of that year so that if any dues date falls on a holiday then you can do the needful before that date. To make it simple for you here we have listed all the federal holidays in 2020.
Federal Holidays in 2020:
- January 1: New Year’s Day
- January 20: Martin Luther King Jr.’s Birthday
- February 17: Washington’s Birthday
- May 25: Memorial Day
- July 3: Independence Day
- September 7: Labor Day
- October 14: Columbus Day
- November 11: Veterans’ Day
- November 26: Thanksgiving Day
- December 25: Christmas Day